Hypertension Case-Finding Service
The Hypertension Case-Finding Service was launched on 1st October 2021 as an Advanced Service. The service is predominantly about hypertension case finding in undiagnosed patients. However, where there is agreement between the GP practice and the community pharmacy, GPs can also refer patients with an existing diagnosis of hypertension to a community pharmacy of the patient’s choice.
In public-facing communications, the service is described as the NHS Blood Pressure Check Service.
All of the key information about this service including the service specification can be found on the PSNC website.
CPWY has held two CPWY Connect Events which incorporated information about the Hypertension Case-Finding Service.
- 23rd November 2021 – the presentation slides and the recording of the event can be found here.
- 15th February 2022 – the presentation slides and the recording of the event can be found here.
- Community Pharmacy Blood Pressure Check Service NHSE Webinar
- Blood Pressure Check Service Stakeholder Pack
For those contractors who have access to NHS Futures, you can also find resources that NHSE has shared on this platform.
Other Learning and Development Resources
VirtualOutcomes Training (free for all West Yorkshire pharmacy teams). This online training is only 15 minutes long and includes understanding about:
- What equipment and training is required.
- What protocols you need to agree locally.
- How the service works and what actions to take depending on the results.
- How the pharmacy can work collaboratively with GP and PCN colleagues.
CPPE also has a suite of resources for learning about hypertension.
Last Updated: 10th May 2022