Clinical Governance (incl. Safeguarding)
The PSNC website includes comprehensive details on the clinical governance requirements of the community pharmacy contractual framework (CPCF) and covers:
Patient Safety in West Yorkshire
Information on patient safety can be found on our Medicines Safety page here: https://www.cpwy.org/pharmacy-contracts-services/essential-services/dispensing/#MedsSafety
Safeguarding – Who to Contact to Report Abuse and to Seek Advice
Contact details and guidance for reporting child or vulnerable adult abuse in your local area can be found on the following link:
This app includes links to advice and guidance on:
- Raising concerns
- The context of NHS safeguarding
- Types of abuse, exploitation and neglect (including Prevent, Mental Capacity Act, FGM)
- Multiagency safeguarding arrangements
- Safeguarding commissioning assurance in the NHS
West Yorkshire Safeguarding Policies & Procedures
The West Yorkshire Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for Adults and Children can be found below.
What to Do if you’re Worried a Child is Being Abused – Advice for Practitioners
Please click on the link below to access the Departmental advice to help practitioners identify the signs of child abuse and neglect and understand what action to take:-
This advice is for anyone who comes into contact with children and families while working.
If you need to report abuse please follow the local safeguarding procedures below for guidance on who to contact and how to make referrals.
Bradford – Safeguarding Links & Information
- See the Childrens’ Safeguarding Board website.
- See the Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Board website.
Calderdale – Safeguarding Links & Information
- See the Calderdale Safeguarding website.
- If you are worried about a vulnerable child or adult see http://calderdale-safeguarding.co.uk/report-concerns/ for information on how to report your concerns.
Kirklees – Safeguarding Links & Information
- See the Kirklees Childrens Safeguarding Board website for information, including contact details for the Duty & Advice Team and who to contact if you are worried about a child in Kirklees.
- For vulnerable adults in Kirklees see http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/adult-social-care-providers/safeguarding-adults-information-professionals.aspx.
Leeds – Safeguarding Links & Information
- The Safeguarding Children’s Team can be contacted to discuss any concerns relating to child protection. See https://www.leedsscp.org.uk/Concerned-about-a-child.
- To raise safeguarding concerns for adults see: https://leedssafeguardingadults.org.uk/.
Wakefield – Safeguarding Links & Information
- The Safeguarding Children’s Team can be contacted to discuss any concerns relating to child protection. See https://www.wakefieldscp.org.uk/.
- To raise safeguarding concerns for adults see: http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/health-care-and-advice/adults-and-older-people-services/safeguarding/safeguarding.
- For concerns about a child or adult’s safety or well-being, contact Social Care Direct free on 0345 8503 503 who will deal with your concerns and can offer advice and support on what to do.
Last Updated: 24th January 2022