Local Services (Enhanced)
Welcome to the local services section of the website.
These services are commissioned locally by Local Authorities, ICBs and the NHS England (NHSE) Regional Area Team in order to meet the needs of their population.
This section includes the service specifications for services, service paperwork, information about the service leads and resources to support the delivery of local services.
If you have any queries about any locally commissioned service then please contact our Services team, Lisa Meeks email@example.com or Alison Hemsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Services Checklist 2022
Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire has created a Services Checklist to help contractors with the different services offered, where to claim and when to claim by. The latest version of the Services Checklist can be found below:
Services Checklist – Updated October 2022
I’m Interested in Providing a Service – What do I Do?
- Is the service you are interested in providing commissioned in your area? Click on the service below to be redirected to the service page. There you will find details of the areas that commission that service.
- Service Specification – ALWAYS read the service specification first to check that you are able to meet all the conditions of the service. Most service specifications are available from our website on the links below, however we do not always have the most up-to-date version so it is always worth asking the commissioner to send you a copy of the current specification. Please note that some services are only commissioned from a limited number of pharmacies.
- Service Details – Check service funding, what will be required of the pharmacy and any training requirements. Are you required to provide the service for all of your opening hours? Decide if your pharmacy can commit to delivering the service as per the service specification.
- Contact the commissioner by email if you are still interested in providing the service (if you are part of a multiple you may need to discuss first with your Area Manager/Head-Office). Email is recommended so that you have an audit trail of any communications. State that you would like to provide the service and give reasons why your pharmacy should be commissioned for the service. These could include:
- Location – is the pharmacy easy to find/access. Is it in a central location/does it have good parking?
- Opening hours – will the service be available in the evenings or at weekends?
- Access to other services – if commissioned would you be the only pharmacy in the town or neighbourhood providing the service?
- Enthusiasm to provide the service – e.g. great team who want to make the service a success for their patients.
- Services which you feel would benefit your local population and why (e.g. if applying for a stop smoking service are you aware that lots of your patients smoke, for EHC do you see lots of teenagers/are you located near a university).
- For information about advanced services click here.
- If you require any further information or advice please contact Lisa Meeks (email@example.com) or Alison Hemsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bank Account Details
We would like to remind contractors who receive payment for services administered through PharmOutcomes from Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire of the importance of advising us if there are any changes to your bank details.
Please complete the Change of Bank Details form which can be found below:
Last Updated: 18th October 2022