Primary Care Network
Each of the PCN areas in West Yorkshire has a community pharmacist working to represent the interests of ALL community pharmacies within the PCN area. Their role is to attend meetings and to share and gather feedback with their pharmacy colleagues.
PCN Community Pharmacy Leads should also see our dedicated PCN Lead Resource Centre page: https://www.cpwy.org/pharmacy-contracts-services/primary-care-network/primary-care-network-lead-pcn-lead-resource-centre/.
Which Primary Care Network is my Pharmacy in and Who is my PCN Community Pharmacy Lead (PCN CP Lead)?
If you do not know which Primary Care Network your pharmacy is in, click the document below to open. Press Ctrl + F on your computer keyboard to open a search function. Enter your OCS code or part of your address to locate your pharmacy details, including the name of your PCN.
Last Updated: 15th September 2023
Once you have identified which PCN your pharmacy is in, see the document below for contact details of your PCN Community Pharmacy Lead. This document also shows when the details for a PCN area were last updated. This can be a change of Lead or change to the ODS code or pharmacy name/address.
Last Updated: 27th July 2023
Please Support your PCN CP Lead!
Please see the document below for more information on how pharmacies can support their PCN CP Lead.
Thanks to Amanda Smith, CPWY Vice Chair & PCN Lead for Central Halifax PCN, for sharing these steps.
What are Primary Care Networks and What is Their Relevance for Community Pharmacy?
Please see document below for information about the role of PCNs, their relevance to the NHS Longer Term Plan and community pharmacy.
Further Information about Primary Care Networks
- NHSE&I PCN Briefing for Pharmacy Teams
- The Primary Care Network pages on the Community Pharmacy England website provide an overview of Primary Care Networks: https://cpe.org.uk/lpcs-and-local/locally-commissioned-services/primary-care-networks-pcns/
- Primary Care Network – Chief Executive Officer Update February 2019
- NHS England outline the model (includes a video clip) https://www.england.nhs.uk/gp/gpfv/redesign/primary-care-networks/
- The move to an integrated health and care system is outlined in this NHS clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YdlV1DsK54&feature=youtu.be
- NAPC Primary Care Network Guide
Last Updated: 7th July 2023